Sunday 15 March 2015

Book Review: The Cloth, Paper, Scissors Book

As an avid reader, I love to read all sorts of books but I have a special weakness for sewing/craft/cookery books.  Although I love my Kindle and will happily read novels on it, you can't beat the feeling when you have a new illustrated book in that old fashioned medium - paper!

I thought I would start to share my thoughts on my favourite crafty books starting with The Cloth Paper Scissors Book by Barbara Delaney.  



Although the book is available on Amazon for £16.54, it is currently available on Stitch Craft Create for only £5.49

It is a collection of the best articles and projects from Cloth Paper Scissors magazine and features chapters on:

  • Printmaking and surface design
  • Journals and bookmaking
  • Collage and assemblage
  • Mixed media stitching
  • Encaustic, metal and jewellery
  • Getting your work out there
Although my interest is towards the fabric and stitching sections of the book, I loved all of the photography and am tempted to try some other techniques.  The instructions in the projects are very well written and easy to follow.  

So if you are looking for something a bit different and which also gives you the opportunity to those bits and bobs that we all save 'just in case' we can think of something to do with them, then have a look at this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment